This policy applies to website visitors, current and potential students, faculty (both current and past), alumni and any other user of services offered through our Sites, including any websites or mobile applications operated by or on DC Dental’s behalf.
This policy applies to both online and offline collection, storage, processing and transfer of Personal Information. Please know that certain Sites or services may be subject to additional privacy policies or privacy disclosures relating to the services provided on the Site(s) (collectively “Additional Policies“).
We collect various types of data through our Sites and other websites where you might express interest in our services, through our mobile applications, over the phone and in person where print materials may be used to collect data from you. Some data is collected automatically through various web and Internet technologies, including Social Networking tools used by DC Dental Clinical to foster communication and collaboration among members of our community. Other data is collected when you provide it in response to an advertisement, a survey or a request for information; apply for continuing education credits; register for classes; order educational or other products and services; set up a Social Network or other Site profile; or use one of our resources, learning assessments or other interactive tools. We may also obtain data from many other sources and merge that with data we collect about you.
Uses of Data
We will not sell, rent or lease your Personal Data to others except as provided in this policy. We may collect, use and disclose Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To determine to register you for your selected educational programs
- To provide requested products and services
- To respond to your inquiries and provide customer support
- To administer promotions in which you have indicated an interest
- For our internal marketing purposes, which include, but are not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you
- For fostering communication and collaboration among members of our DC Dental Clinical community through Social Networks
- For sharing with our Education Partners who may contact you with respect to their educational or other services
- For sharing with our Education Partners or Business Associates who are performing services on our behalf
- To analyze how websites and services are being accessed and used
- For investigation of information security and data asset protection-related incidents
- To test, correct and improve our content, applications and services
- To develop new applications, products and services
- For Online Behavioral Advertising purposes
- To improve Site and service performance and delivery
- To prevent potentially illegal activities (including illegal downloading of copyrighted materials in accordance with our Copyright Infringement Policy)
- To analyze academic and learning outcomes and preferences
- To analyze risk and business results
- To maintain business records for reasonable periods
- To provide to Education Partners, Business Associates or Unrelated Entities in connection with the contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, acquisition, financing, securitization, insuring, sale or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed with such transaction or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties. In the event of any actual reorganization, merger or acquisition, such data may be transferred as part of the transaction to the acquirer
- And/or as may be required or permitted by legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit or security requirements applicable to DC Dental Clinical, our Education Partners or our Business Associates.
Website Visitors Rights and Choices
If you do not wish to receive marketing email communications from us, you may express your choice by sending us an email or other communication,
If you do not wish to receive marketing telephone calls or mailings, you may express your choice to opt out by emailing or calling us,
Online Behavioral Advertising and “Do Not Track“
DC Dental Clinical does not itself respond to web browser-based “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals.
We or our Business Associates may use data collected on this Site for Online Behavioral Advertising purposes (for example: to customize ads to you on other websites as you browse the web). Should you not want your browsing behavior on the website to be collected for Online Behavioral Advertising purposes, there are measures you can deploy in your web browser.
Other Collection, Use and Disclosure
You may be able to opt out of our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data in other situations subject to applicable contractual, academic, legal or technical restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you opt out of certain uses of your Personal Data, we may no longer be able to provide certain products or services. For more information on your ability to opt out, email us.
Other Important Information
We will take every commercially reasonable effort to secure and store your Data. Our primary objective in privacy is to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Data under our control. All financial transactions are handled using industry-standard security measures when accepting credit card Information during the purchase of equipment or supplies, registration or other transaction you have initiated with us, as well as whenever we ask you to log in to any of our Sites.
As a student, your educational records are subject to the U.S. federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), state laws and your DC Dental policies. To understand your privacy rights, contact us at the address below:
DC Dental Clinical
Attn: Michael Daniel, Managing Director
1133 Greenwood Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
Changes, Comments and Questions
DC Dental Clinical may update this policy or revise it from time to time. Should you become concerned about how your Personal Data is used or disclosed, please contact us immediately.